Reply To: Sanitiser poisonous to dogs?

Home » Forums » PetsNet – Talk 🗣 » Sanitiser poisonous to dogs? » Reply To: Sanitiser poisonous to dogs?

Image of the Team pets
Image of the Team pets
Avatar
StaceyPupOwner
PACK MEMBER
Postcount 8

It’s not poisonous. Please don’t worry. It’s a false story being shared on social media.
Hand sanitisers contain ‘ethanol’ (alcohol), not ethylene glycol. Ethanol (alcohol) can be harmful if ingested in a large quantity (i.e. an entire bottle), but it evaporates quickly and IS NOT HARMFUL if it’s licked in small quantities from your skin, or your pet’s fur. Please do not let this false information put you off using hand sanitiser products at this critical time.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Top