Sanitiser poisonous to dogs?

Home » Forums » PetsNet – Talk 🗣 » Sanitiser poisonous to dogs?

Image of the Team pets
Image of the Team pets
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Avatar
    I Love My Dog
    PACK MEMBER
    Postcount 9

    Hello everyone, I’m hoping someone can offer me some advice. I’ve seen some posts on facebook that hand sanitiser contains Ethylene Glycol, the stuff in antifreeze and is every toxic to pets.
    Is this true?

    Avatar
    StaceyPupOwner
    PACK MEMBER
    Postcount 8

    It’s not poisonous. Please don’t worry. It’s a false story being shared on social media.
    Hand sanitisers contain ‘ethanol’ (alcohol), not ethylene glycol. Ethanol (alcohol) can be harmful if ingested in a large quantity (i.e. an entire bottle), but it evaporates quickly and IS NOT HARMFUL if it’s licked in small quantities from your skin, or your pet’s fur. Please do not let this false information put you off using hand sanitiser products at this critical time.

    2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Top