I’m looking to recruit some VIP pups for a charity initiative “Dog Stories 2020”, and a bit of four-legged bonding over the coming weeks, that I’ve been working on with PAAW House and The Dogvine.
As some of you know I have been involved with PAAW House since they launched and when I’m not gracing the red carpet I love hanging out with Vinnie and helping him organise events on behalf of their charities. I’ve met lots of the StreetVet and Wild at Heart Foundation doggies and I even got to go on an adventure to Battersea Dogs and Cats home with Phil, Lucky and the StreetVet team earlier this year. I’m also a big fan of the Dogvine and rarely go to unknown venues without first checking for their bark of approval.
As much as I love getting out and about its clear that we will all need to keep a low profile and spend more time indoors for the foreseeable future, fear not Burlings, I’ve had a little idea which we can all take part in for charity. As PAAW’s chief ambassador and a Dogvine addict I am looking to recruit a team of storytellers to put a fun book together which we will publish later this year in aid of The Wild at Heart Foundation and StreetVet.
I will be sending details on Instagram very soon but in the meantime, this is my plan. I will be inviting you to join my team and write a short story, around 300 words, general dog stories (guidelines, topic ideas and rules listed below), submit your story via email to [email protected] together with good quality photos (ideally landscape) to compliment the tale. We will publish your submissions over the coming months on PAAW Magazine and The Dogvine, a little something to keep us entertained and occupied in these strange times.
Published stories will be collated into a book and when life gets back to normal, we will be hosting a PAAW House x The Dogvine charity party to celebrate its launch. Contributors will of course be invited to attend as VIP guests and the DJ will be instructed that Who Let the Dogs Out is wholly inappropriate and off the play list.
We will be kicking off with a story about a very special rescue dog and after that its over to you. I will be updating again very soon with some other thoughts and ideas as to how we can support each other and stay connected during this period of uncertainty.
Love Burly Bear
Dog Story category suggestions:
- Human animal bond/emotional support – tell us about what your dog means to you, the bond you have formed, if he or she keeps you happy and upbeat and generally improves your mental health.
- Favourite games and toys – share your fun stories about what you like to get up to indoors and how you give your humans the run around…
- Funny experiences with your pup – has your dog been expelled from puppy school (Vinnie has), maybe you’ve crossed your fingers that they would be on best behaviour only to have them pee on your posh friends’ new white carpet?
- Favourite places to visit – we would love to hear about your favourite dog friendly hot spots or any recent adventures you would like to share be it in the woods, the park or on the beach.
- Of course, we are always open to new ideas too – just keep them clean 😊
Choose one topic to focus on for the theme of your story, some of the other subjects can be combined throughout if you wish. You can write from human or dog perspective i.e. Gabby writes about how Vinnie is her best friend and her favourite colleague or Belinha writes about the first day she met Teresa, their journey from Rio to London and all the great things they have done together since. To get started we will select 5 stories written by a human and 5 dictated by the doggies.
When you submit your story, you are agreeing to us publishing it on our platforms and in our charity book if selected.
Lets get writing friends, Dogs Stories 2020 is now open and we can’t wait to read your stories, see your photos and hopefully place your lovely tales & faces on coffee tables all over the UK. X
PAAW House x The Dogvine