DOGSTIVAL – The utterly brilliant festival dedicated to a Dog’s enjoyment is all paws GO this September, 5th & 6th at Burley Park, New Forest.
We are so excited Dogstival is back on. The PAAW team are looking forward to meeting friends, old and new, for a fun dogcentric weekend next month. Drop us a note in the comments if you are going to be there so we can arrange to say, HEY…WOOF…
After a rollercoaster few months crossing paws, top doggy festival Dogstival sponsored by Purely Pets, is preparing to go ahead this September. It will be ultimate treat for all the Very Important Pets, who have been working hard to provide companionship and exercise for their humans during these unprecedented times.
Following the easing of Government Covid-19 guidelines, this two-day extravaganza of four-legged fun will once again take place in the heart of doggy paradise, the New Forest, on the new dates of Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th September and in the new location of Burley Park.
For everyone’s safety and reassurance, Dogstival’s organisers are working closely with New Forest District Council and Hampshire Police on plans, risk assessments and guidelines. Burley Park itself offer acres of space to explore, allowing easy social distancing and there will be plenty of extra hygiene measures in place including multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout and on-site cleaning teams across both days. Additionally, tickets are only being sold in-advance to comply with ‘track and trace’ and help manage capacity to ensure social distancing guidelines are met.
For everyone’s enjoyment, Dogstival will once again host the canine activities, shows and demonstrations that made their inaugural event such a hit thousands of dogs and their owners in May last year! The best day out that dogs of all breeds, shapes and sizes could wish for, Dogstival will give pets a much-deserved ‘play-rise’ over one pawsome weekend with features such as:
- Ultimate doggy thrills in the K9 Aqua Sports Pool where dogs will be encouraged to launch themselves into water with wild abandonment and joy! There will also be ‘SUP with Pup’, otherwise known as stand-up paddle boarding with your dog for guests who wish to try this increasingly popular sport – advance bookings only via Dogstival.co.uk
- Engaging or high-energy, dry land fun in the Have-A-Go area including scent work, agility, flyball and working dog scurries with a difference that takes into account Government guidelines on handling dogs.
- The Happy Hound Den hosted by TV’s Vet on The Hill and resident vet for This Morning Scott Miller, who will share his bountiful knowledge on all manner of pet care subjects such as looking after a puppy, senior dog care, first aid and tips for certain breeds. He’ll also be joined by leading New Forest Vet Physio Carlie Dixon and surgeon Michael Hamilton of Hamilton’s Referrals.
- The Purely Pets Main Arena hosting a packed-out schedule of displays and shows from traditional working, therapy and assistance dogs from leading UK teams, including the fabulous Rockwood Display Team, as well as a Fun Dog Show open for guests’ entry.
- The Dog House Behavioural Stage, which will be dedicated to helping owners gaining a deeper understanding of their dog’s wellbeing and behaviour, with all manner of training tips and advice. It will also explore aspects of a dog’s mental health and wellbeing such as separation and exercise, from a stage designed to look like a home-setting, to offer authentic insight into common issues.
- Plus, Boutique Shopping with around 150 quality stalls selling everything a dog could wish for, as well as Artisan Food & Drink from talented Hampshire and the New Forest producers serving up foodie delights from land and sea. Live Music and a Vintage Fairground will help complete the entertainment.
Commenting on Dogstival, Richard Nowell from Lighthouse Marketing and organisers of Dogstival says: “We are truly delighted to start planning for Dogstival in September to ensure a much-deserved day out for our beloved pets – and their humans of course. Being outdoors and with acres of space to socially distance, we are confident in the level of public safety and we will of course be investing in a wide range of hygiene measures to protect our guests.”
Ross Hallifax, Director at Purely Pets, Dogstival’s headline sponsor adds: “Over the last few months, the positives to dog ownership have been highlighted more than ever. Our four-legged friends have provided support and comfort for many owners and have probably never been walked more in their life! That’s why it’s fantastic news that Dogstival can go ahead, in a controlled environment, and we can continue to celebrate our canine friends! The show is not only a ‘paw-fect’ day out, but a great opportunity to find out more about our dogs and how to keep them happy and healthy. Whether a loyal companion or the centre of a family, we understand the important role they play in people’s lives and as specialists, our dedicated team can be trusted to offer the right insurance for owners and their pets alike.”
Dogstival takes place on 5th & 6th September 2020 at Burley Park, New Forest. Tickets are advance purchase only and are priced £13.90 for adults or £8 children aged 6-16yrs. Under 6’s go free. Concessions are available. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit Dogstival.co.uk. Also stay up with the latest announcements @dogstival on social media and for further ideas of things to do, places to stay in the New Forest and general information on the area, visit www.thenewforest.co.uk.